Thursday, June 16, 2016

The cobbled bathroom....







A lucky score at an outlet store, and it looks like I will be able to bring the bathrooms in under budget.  This is a good thing, since I am reeling from the first quote for new windows.  I have been on the mailing list for Restoration Hardware for over a year now, and every time they have a sale, I find myself driving the 2 1/2 hours, or 5 hours round trip, on the chance they will have the medicine cabinet, I have been eyeing forever.  They always have everything, but, so last month, they had something similar and I buckled.



Then I turned and they just happened to have these two beauties, two very modern bathroom sink stands.  Now, I struggled for a full minute, because neither of these have any storage, but I justified it by telling myself that the guest bathroom doesn't need storage, aside from the a few towels, and spare toilet rolls. The master bath, well that's another story but there's a walk in closet next to the bathroom, so supplies will have to be stored there, or I will have to toss my three bins of outdated bathroom supplies, which isn't a bad idea.  The idea is to make the master bathroom highly reflective, since it has no natural light, and it's not especially large.  The polished chrome of the stand, will accomplish that, and since it's not a solid cabinet, it will make the bathroom look larger, or that is the theory.

The guest bathroom vanity is complete with the granite counter, and glass shelf, but needs an undermount sink, the chrome stand for the master needs, the counter top, sink, and glass shelf.  They marked it down so much, I had to take it.  It will also gives me design consistency between the two bathrooms.

This is the medicine cabinet, it's nice and big, so lots of space.  I tried taking a photo but it just didn't do it justice.


I knew I had made the right decision when this was my view on the way home.



Meanwhile, the high temperatures here have me on the lookout for cool loungewear.... I may abandon working on the house until the temperatures drop and focus on unpacking the sewing machine...and iron... and the last UFO quilt I was working on.


2 comments:

celkalee said...

What you have here is a Ta-Da! moment. Those vanities will be outstanding. Such a clean and lean look, modern but timeless in a design sense. I cannot imagine the heat, I am less and less tolerant. It might be a nice break to stitch a bit, we don't you to forget your skills!!!!

ELMO said...

Thank you celkalee, I am loving the granite top. I will make up for lost sewing time this week... just hope that the machine doesn't have to be tuned up again.