Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Look away if you are squeamish about bugs...

By far this is the worst job I've had to do so far.  The house has gone unmaintained for so long, the critters have taken over.  This was layer upon layer of sticky spider webs, mud dauber mounds and wasp nests.  Needless to say, I had the wasp spray at the ready, and I would need it after knocking down a large nest.  An irrate wasp and buddy wouldn't let me near the house. I was unnerved but preservered.

the back of the house has two screened in patios.  Last visit I tackled the long patio, and forgot to take photos.  This is the smaller patio but by far the worst.  In preparation for a new screen enclosure we opened it up, removing the rotten wood and torn screens, but it was still daunting.


Every neighborhood  has a haunted house, perfect for Halloween. 




After....it still requires a bit of elbow  grease but it is improved.







3 comments:

Monica D said...

WOW ... Looks like a lot of fun but the improvement will be worth it ... FIESTA:)

celkalee said...

Well, all I can say is you may have a brilliant future in pest control! You have done a wonderful job. Let me just say that living in the woods I have been privy to this scenario forever. I say during every cleaning session..."what was God thinking when he created this miserable little beasts?" I see no purpose.

Looking good though, you are a trooper!

ELMO said...

Thank you Mad14k, I just hope we can get it screened in before the "season" for wasps and assorted friends starts again.

celkalee - Shudder!!! Has God responded yet?