Friday, October 5, 2012

McCalls 5671 Getting Scrappy

I'm working on the shirt next (I swear I am).  Cleaning up the work area, I was stopped by the scraps from the navy striped pants and cream colored top I made a few projects back.  They are too big to put in a scrap pile and too small for yardage.

I have left over fabric from this project and instead of stuffing it back into bins it's going to be made up in another top to match those striped pants.

IMG_6171

Can't forget the pants
pant doodle


Leaning towards these variations
variations exp

And the stripes don't look bad at all..
IMG_6184

Here we are, with the work in process.... not enough of the white for those lofty ideas above.  I like this version, the dart is hiding in plain site without the added bulk.  Maybe I can finish it tonight.

WIP front striped t

7 comments:

Corrine said...

Very nice. Isn't interesting how a challenge, like this, give such a great return? Very Chanel!

Irene said...

Great way to use up all the fabric.

ELMO said...

Corrine - I can always use another t-shirt, do you think it looks like Chanel, if I had an embroidery machine I would put a double "C" across the front and "fake" on the back.

Oh Irene - I still have more fabric I think this will be my uniform for 2012.

Corrine said...

I used to use monograms a lot, might start again. Anyway, my initials are CK, everyone thought that i was trying to fake Calvin Klein! So I added the middle initial and put the last in the middle, (cKl) and that sort of settled it down. I didn't want to be arrested for impersonating a designer, then I would have to wear stripes....not my best look in an all over print!

ELMO said...

Corrine - I don't have fabulous initials so I am spared.... however I'm not spared the stripe in the wardrobe. This fabric is like spaghetti the more I consume the more left over there seems to be.

Anonymous said...

gorgoeous! What is the fabric composition?

ELMO said...

They are both mid weight ponte knits with a composition of Rayon, polyester and spandex.